Sunday, May 18, 2008

Killer Ducks in Dallas

Ashley told me about two ducks that were very hostile towards her on her last visit to the park down by Turtle Creek. She labeled them the "Killer Ducks", citing their persistent aggressiveness towards her. Wanting to see these Killer ducks for myself, I ventured down to Turtle Creek with Ashley last Sunday. Upon first sight, these little ducks seem to be harmless...

As we entered the park, Ashley pointed them out to me. They were suspicious of us at first, and so I tried to convey that we meant no harm (I'm semi-fluent in duck-speak). I was on my way to negotiating a successful peace treaty with the killer ducks, when Ashley opened her big trap. They apparently recognized her voice from the week earlier. They must have still had some pent-up hostility towards her, because at that moment the two harmless-looking ducks morphed into the Killer Ducks - chasing my poor Ashley all over the park, threatening ferocious pokes and nibbles from their extra-scary rounded beaks (ouch!). Fortunately I was able to snap a few photos amongst the chaos...


5 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i would love to see that! i'd drive all the way up to dallas just for it.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I had that happen once with birds (according to Lindsey scissor-tailed flycatchers.) They attacked me, too, carrying off strands of my hair as they dove for me. Turns out, the aggressive bird had a nest of newly hatched babies in a tree nearby. Perhaps your "killer ducks" are just undergoing postpartum hormone surges.

MOM THE BOMB said...

By the way, when did you guys go to San Francisco?

Graytoppop said...

Most things that have ears get upset when Ashley is around. You seem to be the exception......

If only every couple were this cute! said...

lol, Graytoppop, you are hilarious! I think she probably ruffled their feathers the last time she saw them by poking them. It sounds like something she would do...and they blame them!